Hello dear readers,
I am writing this blog post being ill and having quite high temperature so I won't be too verbose this time. I should have posted this update tomorrow following Sunday schedule but I won't be able to do that. There is it.
Season 2 totals
Season 3 expectations
I sold Richards and McArthur as main Palace underachievers. Captain Mile Jedinak is just too old and slow, therefore I made decision to sell him and then add some team speed buying faster players.
Sorensen was pretty good during the season if we close eyes on his numerous errors in the centre of the defence.
1. Ron-Robert Zieler (GK) - $6.5M
My new main goalie. Wayne Hennessey remained in the club as a backup player.
2. Pablo Piatti (AML, AMR, ML, AMC) - Free
He is one of the candidates to replace McGeady.
3. Cicinho (DR, WBR, MR) - $6M
4. Ruben Perez (MC, DM) - Free
Perez will play in the starting eleven instead Mile Jedinak.
5. Nicola Murru (DL, DR) - $6M
7. Jay Rodriguez (AML, AMR, ST) - $2.5M
8. Fede Vico (AMC, AMR, AML, MR, ML, ST) - Free
There are two more non-pricey wingers Tom Ince and Junior Hoilett. I signed them because it was easy to do that: they didn't want high wages.
Full updated information about the squad is available here:
First and further matches of Crystal Palace
That was roughly a fine season start. Home wins over Liverpool and Southampton serve as evidences here. Nevertheless, my boys managed to fail against Aston Villa having an absolute advantage during the game.
Next two matches should turn into a large test for Crystal Palace answering questions:
- Whether are we able to withstand The Gunners at Emirates and end up in a non-loosing way?
- Is Crystal Palace among League Cup/FA Cup contenders this year?
Excited to blog for you,