Hello dear readers,
I am ready to present the first results of season 3. It was very expected start because of the amazing transfer campaign made in summer. Rakitskyi, Ademilson, Defoe, Eardley, Hughes, Kameni… I couldn’t wait to see them all in action.
The season began with 2 defeats and no scored goals at all. But then Nottingham Forest showed an excellent performance beating opponents one by one including Manchester City and Liverpool. Pay attention how many goals were scored by Forest newcomers especially Jermaine Defoe.
Forest – Sunderland 0:1 is probably the unluckiest match here. I reported about it at my FM Crowd blog. But let’s make a discount on debut by new Forest players. Sunderland evaded a loss I would say.
There was a bunch of nice away wins over Reading, Fulham, West Brom, and surely Liverpool. 3 first of them were gained by means of the classic 4-4-2 tactics, meanwhile Liverpool was beaten by the counter-attacking diamond scheme.
Another great win over Manchester City
Obviously this victory became a largest success during season 3 start! Mancini can’t learn that his narrow 4-2-3-1 doesn’t merely work against my counter-attacking formation. Though he changed his tactics into 3-4-1-2 formation and grabbed advantage but I reacted setting classic 4-4-2.
Neil Eardley, Jermaine Defoe, Thomas Drage score the goals as you see. Though I’d single out Henri Lansbury who made 2 assists and saves by Carlos Kameni.
Watch all three goals:
It’s my attempt to repeat success of the last year when we managed to get to League Cup semi finals.
Premier League table
The 8th position held by Nottm Forest looks very optimistic. I ask myself: what will happen when my new players blend into the squad? It seems like I can pretend on Europa League place in this season. It’s a very mind-blowing taking into account the initial story targets where I stated Forest should promote into PL in three seasons…
Destro is wanted by Chelsea and Newcastle.
Forest newcomers amazed me with their performance in the debut matches:
- Jermain Defoe. A largest surprize to me. 32 years old forward who becomes slower and slower possesses great ability to score goals with power shots. A fantastic signing for me! His 8 goals mean really much.
- Neil Eardley is a superb right back. But in fact he does everything: tackling, heading (80% won), passing, crossing, runs with the ball, and even goal scoring. Highest rating in the team! Some of you were unsure about $9M paid for him in summer but I felt he should fit well to all my tactics.
- Yaroslav Rakitskiy is extremely awesome in defence. Due to versatility I used him as a left back and few times as DMC and DC. My compatriot confirmed that I was right paying so much for him too Chelsea.
- Mathieu Dossevi. The fastest player in my squad. He got injured but before he managed to make 2 assists in 3 games.
- Carlos Kameni. In fact, brilliant reflexes of new Forest goalie helped the team to get 3-6 additional points. I love watching him in action. Though Kameni has one obvious weakness – inaccurate ball kicking.
Problems with Ademilson
Ademilson was allowed to leave on absence because of adaptation problems. He returned to Brazil for several weaks. For now this is the only transfer failure. But I am pretty sure Ademilson will cope with the problems and pull out Jermaine Defoe from starting line up.
Young Player of the Month Award
All three places of September award are taken by Forest players!
Three away matches planned for TV potentially represent the most difficult time. Another complicated period is of course the end of December. We’ll see what table line is taken by Forest after Christmas.
I predict we should remain at the 8th position. And you?
Excited to blog for you,
P.S. If you do like the post, support it via Like, +1, Tweet buttons on the bottom bar.