I am ready to inform you season 5 is finally finished. Unfortunately, Queens Park Rangers got into a poor streak after bad results against grand clubs reported in the previous post and the catastrophic match at Camp Nou. A low morale level resulted in a low amount of goal chances and poor shot accuracy in the next 4 games. You may see we didn’t even manage to score at least once against Sheffield Wednesday, the worst PL team of the season…
Premier League totals
I lost the 2nd position to rival Chelsea by goal difference. It’s a pity, of course, though it’s not so painful because we will start in the group round of Champions next year again.
Moreover, I would single out the final result because it’s really the best in QPR history. You may compare:
Here is the key loss after which Chelsea overtook my QPR:
Champions League. Quarterfinal match at Camp Nou
Barcelona plays football at the other level than my Q.P.R. After tough home loss with 2:4 score, they proved their world class defeating us even more brutally. Though, if you look into shots stats, you will understand the score is not fair.
Anyway I consider it was the successful Champions League debut for Q.P.R. due to 3 factors:
- Reached quarterfinals
- 18 points in 6 group matches
By the way, Barca’s Alexis Sanchez is wonderful, nearly like Messi!
I won’t analyse my squad much because the next post will be completely dedicated to this process. Now just some awards and Disappointments category.
MVP of the season
1. Ognjen Vukojevic. 83% of tackles won, 9 assists. One of team leaders!
2. Jay Rodriguez. The best QPR goal scorer.
3. Carlos Fierro. He has already grown to the level of Jay. We will see if he overcome his teammate.
1. Samir Breinburg. Wonderkid with great heading abilities.
2. Douglas Costa. Perfect winger who loves to score free kicks!
3. Sime Vrsaljko. He was very good in the first season’s half, the same can’t be said about the 2nd one. Hope to see him playing better in the next season.
1. Gary Cahill. Many mistakes in big decisive matches.
2. Denys Garmash. He didn’t make at least one assist in 25(11) games.
3. Petar Zanev. Lowest average rating due to instability.
Oscar became the Best Young Player of the Year, while Verratti took the 3rd place.
Facilities and finances
Look what kind of message I got! Damn! Have you seen such messages?
It was the facilities state after the message:
I hurried to change something making request to improve training facilities and was successful:
I had $18M on balance before planning facilities work. After training and youth facilities upgrade decisions the balance has decreased to $4M.
Important question for you
How do you like my season 5 results?
I didn’t manage to win Premier League in 5 season as it had been specified in my Story Targets. Is it OK? I feel the answer is ‘yes’ because Manchester City has won the 3rd title in row and remains too strong for me.
The next post will contain in-depth squad analysis. Be patient :)
Excited to blog for you,