Trying to find a good FM 2013 tactics? Here I have an original tactical approach which includes 3 efficient Football Manager 2013 tactics. Check it out!
Dear readers, finally you can review my Football Manager 2011 tactics used Boston United story. Pay attention that explanation of tactical approaches and the download link are located in the end of the post.
ATTENTION! Here you may find the latest variants of the tactics: My Premier League tactics.
This formation can be called either 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3. Whatever. What I like about it is an intention to rule the pitch getting more possession than opponent. 3 central midfielders together with Short passing style are the key feature for gaining possession.
Another nice thing I like is, for sure, two wingers with roles of inside forwards. They are the spirit of attacking force in this formation.
As I described the tactical approach, it’s important to hold the ball possession. Therefore short passing style was chosen. It helps to provide more accurate passes between players.
Fluid philosophy gives some freedom to players. I would like to trust my players during match. Of course, it obliges to form squad more carefully signing smarter players with good mental skills.
Take a look also at the Set Pieces part. My tactics provides high opportunities to score goals from corners in Football Manager 2011. Corner taker passes the ball to the far post where 2 central defenders wait for it with instructions:
- Attack far post
- Stand on far post
Goalkeeper (Sweeper Keeper)
I like more goalies who can secure their defensive lines. It’s important if attacking style is chosen. Therefore Sweeper Keeper role was chosen for this tactics.
DLC (Limited Defender, Stopper)
Limited defender with Stopper duty. Tackle balls and take care of defensive line – main targets of this player.
DRC (Limited Defender, Cover)
Almost the same as previous DC but with Cover duty. It means this defender should cover errors of the second DC. This is the reason the very best defender has to be used at this position.
DL, DR (Automatic)
Classic full backs with Automatic duty that changes depending on a team’s strategy (attacking, defensive). Defenders with good Pace, Acceleration, Tackling and Crossing should be used here.
MC (Ball Winning Midfielder, Support)
Ball winner, king of pitch’s centre. This is the case when defensive attributes are even slightly more important than attacking ones. High tackling, determination and good speed are very demanded from a player at this position.
MLC (Central midfielder, Support)
Classic midfielder who should have high levels of Decisions, Technique, Passing, Work Rate, Teamwork and so on. Well, I think everybody used this type of midfielders in the centre. So there is no need to explain
MRC (Advanced playmaker, Support)
We’ve just seen MLC having Central Midfielder role. Prepare for assymetry in roles! MRC performs role of Advanced Playmaker supplying the attacking trio with good balls. High Passing, Creativity, Technique, First Touch, Flair, Teamwork, Decisions are necessary. Truly important player in this tactics.
AML/AMR (Inside Forward, Attack)
Attacks through flanks works very well in Football Manager 2011. Two my wingers became the motor of all attacks. Inside forward role with Attack duty allows to achieve this effect. High speed abilities, Dribbling, Off the Ball demanded. As well as Finishing and Composure because players at these position have scoring chances very often.
Central forward will score most of the goals. Since the previous version of Football Manager I prefer to use Poacher role. It seems the most efficient for me if you want a striker to score goals permanently. Good poacher’s attributes set: Finishing + Composure + Anticipation + Off the Ball + Balance + Technique + Pace.
Tactical approachesFootball Manager 2011 is a complicated game. It’s not enough to set up one tactics for all matches without any change. Some people even use several different tactics trained during Match Preparation (and it works!). I prefer leave formation the same and tune tactical approach during match using team instructions and touchline shouts.
Let’s examine several match cases.
Your team needs to score a goalIn this case I do one of the following actions:
- set Control strategy. Controlling ball in more creative way and pushing higher defensive line often helps to score a goal.
- set Attacking strategy + Get Ball Forward shout + Work Ball Into Box shout. The 1st shout allows a ball not being delayed at your pitch’s half, the 2nd reduces amount of long shots produced by the 1st shout and Attacking strategy. Long shots go off the target too often. I think it’s a very good tactical approach.
- shout to Hassle Opponents if you want your team to get the ball quicker. If referee is not strict, use also Get Stuck In shout.
- find the most weak players in opponent’s formation. Middle or flank? Set Exploit The Flanks or Exploit The Middle as a result of this analysis.
Your team needs to hold a score
- set Contain strategy + Pass into Feet + Retain Possession + Clear Balls to Flanks. In the very end of the match you can make a Play Even Safer shout if it’s necessary to save the score but opponent’s team is very dangerous.
- set Counter Attack strategy. Sometimes it’s really efficient in this case because your team will bring a ball to opponent’s half and score goals from time to time that should lighten a pressure.
- use Drop Deeper shout.
Your team plays against very strong opponentThis is really special case when you understand that you team will loose a game. But sometimes miracles happen. And we can do miracles trying to tune tactics with these hints:
- Set Counter Attack strategy + Pass into Space + Exploit The Flanks. It can result in one or two goals in case if you have quick wingers.
- Don’t use Hassle Opponents shout because every your player will use pressing more. It’s dangerous because they will loose positions. Instead try to profit from Opposition instructions. Set Hard tackling and Closing Down on opponent’s central midfielders disallowing them to make dangerous passes to forwards.
- Try to win ball possession if it’s possible by means of these touchline shouts: Pass into Feet + Retain Possession + Play Narrower + Exploit the Middle. It can be efficient tactical trick sometimes even with very strong teams.
Download my Football Manager 2011 tactics
Hope you will like my Football Manager 2011 tactics this time as well